If you love KFC Famous Bowl, you might wonder how to make it home with simple ingredients and minimal effort. KFC Famous Bowl is a comfort food that combines mashed potatoes, popcorn chicken, corn, gravy, and cheese in one delicious dish. It’s a hearty and satisfying meal that you can easily make at home with this blog post. This blog post will show you how to make a copycat KFC Famous Bowl that tastes just like the original. You will also get some tips and tricks on how to make the dish more flavorful and creamy. By the end of this blog post, you can enjoy a homemade KFC Famous Bowl that will make your mouth water. So, if you are a fan of the KFC Famous Bowl or just curious about how to make it at home, keep reading to find out more!
KFC Famous Bowl: Full Process
They are easy to make and require only a few ingredients. Here is how to make mashed potatoes:
- Start by cutting your potatoes into even-sized pieces. You can use any type of potatoes, but Russet or Yukon Gold are the best for mashing.
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold water. Add salt to the water and boil. Reduce the heat and steam until the potatoes are fork-tender, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Mash them with a masher, a fork, or an electric mixer. Be careful not to overmix them, or they will become gluey.
- Add some butter and milk to the mashed potatoes and stir well. Add some cream, sour cream, cream cheese, or garlic for extra flavor and creaminess. Season with salt, pepper.
Here is how to make popcorn chicken:
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. You can use any type of chicken, but boneless, skinless chicken breasts are the best. Make sure to wash your hands before and after handling the raw chicken.
- Coat the chicken with flour. Place the pieces in a large bag and add all-purpose flour, salt, paprika, and black pepper. Seal the bag and shake well until the chicken is evenly coated with flour.
- Dip the chicken in egg and milk. In a small bowl, whisk together an egg and some milk. Dip each pc of chicken in the egg mixture and shake off the excess.
- Coat the chicken with bread crumbs. Place some bread crumbs or panko crumbs in a shallow dish. Press each pc of chicken into the crumbs and coat well on all sides.
- Fry the chicken in oil. Fry it in batches until golden and crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Enjoy your popcorn chicken with your favorite sauce or dip.
Gravy is a savory sauce that adds flavor and moisture to any dish. It can be made from scratch with or without drippings, juices, and fat left in the pan after roasting meat. Here is how to make gravy:
- If you have drippings, transfer them to a measuring cup and skim the excess fat. Get 1/4 cup of fat and 2 cups of juices. If you don’t have enough juices, add broth or water to make up the difference. If you don’t have drippings, use 1/4 cup of butter and 2 cups of broth.
- Whisk together the fat and 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook for a few minutes, until the mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually whisk in the juices or broth, stirring constantly to prevent lumps. Bring the gravy to a boil, simmer until it reaches your desired consistency. Season with any herbs or spices you like.
Assemble The Dish:
The final step of making a copycat KFC Famous Bowl is to assemble the dish in a large bowl or individual bowls.
- Start by adding one or two mashed potato scoops to the bowl’s bottom. You can measure the potatoes using a large serving spoon or an ice cream scoop. Make sure to spread them evenly over the surface of the bowl.
- Next, add a spoonful or two of corn kernels over the mashed potatoes. You can use frozen or canned corn, depending on your preference.
- Then, top the corn with some pieces of popcorn chicken. You can use baked or air-fried chicken or make your own from scratch. Cut the chicken into smaller pieces if you like. Arrange them in a single layer over the corn.
- After that, drizzle some gravy over the chicken and the rest of the bowl. You can use canned or jarred gravy or make your own from scratch. You can also adjust the thickness of the gravy by adding more or less water or flour.
- Finally, sprinkle some shredded cheddar cheese over the gravy and the entire bowl. You can use any cheese you like, such as mozzarella, Monterey Jack, or Colby Jack. You can also use more or less cheese, depending on your taste.
Enjoy your copycat KFC Famous Bowl while it’s hot and cheesy. You can also serve it with breadsticks or biscuits for a complete meal.
Why You Should Try the KFC Famous Bowl
If you want a satisfying and delicious meal to fill you up and make you happy, you should try the KFC Famous Bowl. The KFC Famous Bowl is a popular menu item that combines mashed potatoes, popcorn chicken, corn, gravy, and cheese in one dish. It is a comfort food that many people love for its flavor and texture. Here are some reasons why you should try the KFC Famous Bowl:
It is affordable. The KFC Famous Bowl is a great value for your money. You can also get a drink and a cookie for a complete meal. It is a good option if you are on a budget or want to save money.
The KFC Famous Bowl is a dish that you should try at least once in your life. It is a simple but delicious meal that will make you feel good and content. You can order it online or at your nearest KFC location. You can also make it at home with our easy copycat recipe. Either way, you will not regret trying it.
This blog post shows you how to make a copycat KFC Famous Bowl at home with simple ingredients and minimal effort. You have learned how to make mashed potatoes, popcorn chicken, gravy, and corn and assemble them in a large bowl or individual bowls. Following our easy copycat recipe, you can enjoy a homemade KFC Famous Bowl that tastes like the original. It is a comfort food that many people love for its flavor and texture. It is a hearty and satisfying meal that you can easily make at home with this blog post. We hope you learned something new about the KFC Famous Bowl.