It’s always a great idea to buy a basic toaster oven or a standard microwave. Needless to say, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with that because both appliances bring a lot of convenience into the experience. But do you really have the space to keep both?
Also, wouldn’t an upgrade to the best microwave toaster oven combo be better? Obviously, you can always get or have something better. So the question is do you really want that? Owning a combination microwave toaster oven paves the way for roasted potatoes, air-fired chicken wings, baked crusty pizza, and, trust me, A LOT MORE.
It could end up becoming the most versatile appliance you may have ever purchased to make your life much easier in the kitchen. They heat up leftovers and cook some of the most delicious dishes. You get a combination of reheating ease and speed of the microwave with the toaster oven’s energy-efficiency and crisp browning.
Table of Contents
- Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combo Reviews
- 1. COSORI CO-130AO Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo
- 2. Panasonic NN-GN68K Countertop Oven Microwave + Broiler Grill
- 3. Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave Oven
- 4. Samsung MG14H3020CM Countertop Grill Microwave Oven
- 5. Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven
- 6. Hamilton Beach 2-in-1 Countertop Oven
- 7. Breville the Compact Smart Oven
- 8. Emerson 1.2 CU FT. 1100W Griller Microwave Oven
- 9. KitchenAid KCO124BM Digital Countertop Oven
- Is There A Microwave Toaster Oven Combination?
- Does A Convection Microwave Replace A Toaster Oven?
- How Does A Microwave Toaster Oven Combo Work
- Benefits of Using Toaster Oven/Microwave Combination
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- The Bottom Line
Best Microwave Toaster Oven Combo Reviews
1. COSORI CO-130AO Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo
- 12-in-1 Presets: Pizza, Roast, Airfry, Toast, Bagel,...
- Air Fryer: Enjoy air fried meals with up to 85% less...
- Large Capacity: Easily fit 6 slices of toast, a 13 inch...
Not just a microwave and toaster oven but also an air fryer, this COSORI creation is a multi-functional appliance to have in every kitchen. Keep Warm, food dehydration, toasting, baking, and so much more is possible with this toaster oven combo.
And the large capacity just makes everything else also possible. You can toast 6 slices of bread very easily at one go. And prepare a 13-inch pizza or fit in a whole chicken. You know it’s a thoughtful design with the convenient dial controls, interior light, and LED screen.
2. Panasonic NN-GN68K Countertop Oven Microwave + Broiler Grill
- Flash press broiler allows the microwave oven to be...
- Genius sensor cooking built in automatic genius sensor...
- Microwave controls 7 preset auto cook menu items, 13. 4...
You’re sure to appreciate almost everything about this Panasonic countertop microwave oven with its broiler grill addition. The combo function just doesn’t disappoint when you want to reheat, say for instance, a half-eaten burrito. The result takes the form of lightly crisped tortilla without the rubbery texture.
On top of that, the microwave oven features Turbo Defrost and Sensor Reheat. Both seem like such a huge improvement over your existing microwave, no matter the make or model. That’s precisely the reason why even these high-powered Panasonic microwave ovens are so popular.
3. Cuisinart CMW-200 Convection Microwave Oven
- Unit Dimensions: 21.20" L x 19.00" W x 12.20" H | MC...
- 1.2-cubic-foot capacity, 1000 watts
- Brushed stainless with embossed Cuisinart logo and dark...
Built to last, the Cuisinart Convection Microwave Oven is an upgrade you’re most likely to not regret. The appliance is large and powerful with an easy-to-operate, soft digital push panel. And the pre-set fast cook settings for your potatoes, veggies, and popcorn, along with automatic defrost, are truly enjoyable and convenient features.
So if you’re on the lookout for a full-sized microwave oven combo, then might as well select from a brand synonymous with cooking!
4. Samsung MG14H3020CM Countertop Grill Microwave Oven
- Ceramic Enamel Interior that is both scratch resistant...
- Height (inch)12 5/16,width (inch)21 7/8 ,cutout depth...
- Shiny mirror design and asymmetric shape for a premium...
Countertop grill microwave oven combos like these are just the perfect additions if you can’t get enough of preparing delicious pizzas and crispy foods. But then please note that this Samsung unit is not for you if your kitchen countertop space is limited. So please beware of that.
Once the grilling function has been touched upon, there’s no going back to traditional microwaves or toaster ovens. The grilling element, in particular, is the best part as it lets you prepare fish, bacon, sandwiches, and whatnot with a restaurant-style crispy finish.
5. Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven
- Pre-programmed sensor menu for optimum heating of...
- Black Stainless Steel exterior, 20.5 x 17.1 x 12.8 inch...
- 1100 watts with 10 power settings, clock, and kitchen...
Do you really need a large microwave when you just don’t defrost large quantities of food? Do you genuinely need something higher-powered when you know you’re not going to make use of those 2,500 watts? If not, then consider buying a smaller, more basic microwave oven.
And don’t think that just because it’s a space-saving unit, it’s not powerful enough. There’s a pre-programmed sensor menu that’s perfect for heating your most favorite foods like potatoes, vegetables, pizza, and more.
6. Hamilton Beach 2-in-1 Countertop Oven
Your mornings are now blessed with real, genuine toast again, at last. It’s only when you use the Hamilton Beach 2-in-1 Oven that you realize that you’ve been having bad toast for so many years. On top of that, this countertop appliance cooks and heats very efficiently as well.
It’s quite a surprise finding out just how small and compact it is yet so powerful. With super-easy controls and additional features like a removable crumb tray, your long-lasting experience with this brand is sure to also be a memorable one.
7. Breville the Compact Smart Oven
- Smart element IQ: There’s heat, and there’s smart...
- 8 cooking functions: 8 cooking functions to guide you...
- All the room for delicious you’re looking for: 4...
Traditional toaster ovens feature just two practical functions, which are on and off. If that’s your impression of toaster ovens, you’re bound to be taken aback by the genuine smartness of this compact oven manufactured by Breville.
It’s ironic how most toaster ovens out there struggle when it comes to making toast properly. But that’s not what happens with this one. This oven takes into account the starting temperature to prevent the second round from over-toasting because of pre-heating. So why waste space and money on two separate appliances anymore!
8. Emerson 1.2 CU FT. 1100W Griller Microwave Oven
Emerson, to be honest, cares more about outperforming itself than other competitors. Because this griller microwave is way more impressive than any of the brand’s older models.
Even though the power is only 1,100 watts, you can expect fast cooking. The microwave oven is also outfitted with 11 different power levels and 9 pre-set recipes. This means it’s time to experiment with a variety of dishes
And bonus points for the compact, space-saving design.
9. KitchenAid KCO124BM Digital Countertop Oven
- No flip, perfect air fry creations with the No-Flip Air...
- Even-Heat Convection Technology - top and bottom...
- Large Capacity to Create - From a sheet cake to full...
Why is this KitchenAid countertop oven so highly recommended? Is it because the appliance is aesthetically pleasing? Or is it because of its various kinds of cool, practical functions? Well, both!
Quick preheating, even cooking, and easy operation – the 3 most important positive takeaways. At the time and after toasting, don’t expect the toaster to become too hot to touch. The only complaint, however, is the larger structure, meaning more space consumption.
Is There A Microwave Toaster Oven Combination?
There are combination ovens equipped with both microwave and toaster oven functions. These are actually a combination of conventional microwave and conventional oven. The quick heating and cooking properties of the former combined with the crispiness and browning effect of the latter.
Does A Convection Microwave Replace A Toaster Oven?
The thing about convection microwaves is that they use hot air for heating up the food. But with the added benefit of baking, roasting, dehydrating, etc. Also convection microwaves, as opposed to traditional toaster ovens, toast faster and more evenly.
How Does A Microwave Toaster Oven Combo Work
Unlike traditional microwaves that release waves to produce heat when they come in contact with food molecules, convection ovens heat up the air to achieve the same purpose. And this heat cooks the food from both inside and outside. That’s how such types of combos enable not only easier cooking but easier roasting and baking as well.
Benefits of Using Toaster Oven/Microwave Combination
Here’s why you should seriously consider buying a 2-in-1 appliance like this:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is there a microwave that can toast bread?
The answer is a microwave toaster oven combo. It works as a microwave for cooking and reheating food and a toaster oven for giving you crisp brown toasts for your delightful morning breakfasts.
Can you place a toaster oven under the cabinet?
Does the appliance have a hood? If yes, then you can install the toaster oven below the cabinet. And if it’s a countertop unit, then place it just about anywhere on your kitchen countertop. Just keep in mind that microwaves, ovens, etc. should not be kept on other appliances that generate heat, such as refrigerators.
As for how much clearance is required, the answer is 3 inches in the front and the sides. And 1 inch of space at the back.
Can a toaster oven sit on top of a microwave?
It’s common to bunch together microwaves and toaster ovens in kitchen/cooking spaces. So does that mean it’s okay to stack your toaster on top of the microwave? Well, that depends. Is the top part of your microwave made of metal? If yes, then the toaster oven is inevitably going to heat that up and cause discoloration of the surface.
The Bottom Line
Ask yourself the most practical questions before buying a combination oven. Such as does the appliance suit your budget? Or something like do you even need a microwave toaster oven combo?
Combination technology offers plenty of perks – providing better flavor, functions, heating, convenience, speed, versatility, etc. So you don’t have to buy two separate units. Instead, combine convection toaster oven technology with a microwave. It saves money in the long run and there’s just no denying or doubting how much space it saves.